Q: What is Microblading?
A: Microblading is a semi-permanent eyebrow procedure that uses a fine blade created by little tiny needles to place semi-permanent pigment into the surface of the skin. The effect mimics the look and detail of actual brow hairs, creating a bolder, natural-looking brow. This procedure is quite different from a traditional tattoo in terms of procedure, permanency, colour, detail, and overall look. Microblading is simply the best way to create natural-looking brows. It can also be referred to as eyebrow embroidery or feathering.
* Healing results may vary on every person. Clients with dry/normal skin, lines will always heal more crisp then other skin types (oily, sensitive and mature).*
Q: What is Ombre Shading Eyebrows?
A: Sammi's Signature ombre shading eyebrows is a semi-permanent procedure that uses a machine with a pin needle that penetrates by dotting effect to place semi-permanent pigment into the surface of the skin. The effect mimics the look of eyebrow powder but more natural, creating a soft and defined brow shape. Most clients experience very high colour retention after one session.
Q: What is Combo technique eyebrows and how is it different compared to single technique?
A: Combination technique is using both microblading and shading techniques on the eyebrows. This procedure starts by microblading the entire eyebrow, and adding extra fullness and definition to the shapes by shading in extra color from centre to the tail of the eyebrow.
Q: How long does the procedure take?
A: The initial procedure takes approximately 2 hours which includes brow shaping and customized colour matching based on client's skin tone, hair color and own preference.
Q: Does the procedure hurt?
A: Numbing gel is used to numb the brow area prior as well as throughout the procedure. You can expect some minor level of discomfort during the procedure similar to threading and scratches.
Q: How is the healing process like?
A: A few days after the procedure, your eyebrows will start to scab, and this is completely normal. During this period, it is important to not peel the scab but to let them fall off naturally. To relieve the brows of itchiness or dryness, you may apply a thin layer of vaseline or coconut oil when needed.
Q: Is a touch-up necessary?
A: Most clients require a touch-up appointment within 3 months of the initial procedure to fill in any areas of the skin that may not have fully retained the pigment - this is completely natural. The touch-up takes approximately 1 to 1.5 hours.
Q: How long will they last on the skin?
A: After touch-up, depending on the client's skin and lifestyle, they can last up to two years.
Q: Am I suitable for this procedure?
A: Microblading and Shading are safe and reliable procedures and suitable for most people. However, if you have any of the following conditions, please consult with your doctor prior booking an appointment.
· Pregnant and/or breast-feeding
· On blood thinning medication
· Have had injections/fillers in the brow area within the last 6 months
You can also email us below should you have any health concerns.
BEFORE YOUR TREATMENT
• Do not work out the day of the procedure.
• Do not tan or have sunburned face.
• Do not take Panadol, Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or IBUprofen 24 hours before procedure.
• Avoid alcohol or caffeine on the day of the procedure.
• No waxing or tinting 3 days before.
• Please note that you will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
AFTER YOUR TREATMENT
• NO water, cleansers, creams, makeup or any other products on treated area for at least 5 days.
• 4-5 hours after the procedure, clean the area with sterile water and a cotton pad, gauze or q-tip and allow to air dry.
• DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking can cause scarring.
• Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 3-4 weeks after procedure.
• Avoid heavy sweating for the first 10 days.
• NO facials, botox, chemical treatments and microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
• Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 5 days.