Q: What is Microblading?
A: Microblading is a an eyebrow procedure that uses a fine blade created by little tiny needles to place permanent pigment into the surface of the skin. The effect mimics the look and detail of actual brow hairs, creating a bolder, natural-looking brow. This procedure is quite different from a traditional tattoo in terms of procedure, permanency, colour, detail, and overall look. Microblading is simply the best way to create natural-looking brows. It can also be referred to as eyebrow embroidery or feathering.
* Healing results may vary on every person. Clients with dry/normal skin, lines will always heal more crisp then other skin types (oily, sensitive and mature).*
Q: What is Ombre Shading Eyebrows?
A: Sammi's Signature ombre shading eyebrows is a procedure that uses a machine with a pin needle that penetrates by dotting effect to place permanent pigment into the surface of the skin. The effect mimics the look of eyebrow powder but more natural, creating a soft and defined brow shape. Most clients experience very high colour retention after one session.
Q: What is Combo technique eyebrows and how is it different compared to single technique?
A: Combination technique is using both microblading and shading techniques on the eyebrows. This procedure starts by microblading the entire eyebrow, and adding extra fullness and definition to the shapes by shading in extra color from centre to the tail of the eyebrow.
Q: How long does the procedure take?
A: The initial procedure takes approximately 2 hours which includes brow shaping and customized colour matching based on client's skin tone, hair color and own preference.
Q: Does the procedure hurt?
A: Numbing gel is used to numb the brow area prior as well as throughout the procedure. You can expect some minor level of discomfort during the procedure similar to threading and scratches.
Q: How is the healing process like?
A: A few days after the procedure, your eyebrows will start to scab, and this is completely normal. During this period, it is important to not peel the scab but to let them fall off naturally. To relieve the brows of itchiness or dryness, you may apply a thin layer of vaseline or coconut oil when needed.
Q: Is a touch-up necessary?
A: Most clients require a touch-up appointment within 3 months of the initial procedure to fill in any areas of the skin that may not have fully retained the pigment - this is completely natural. The touch-up takes approximately 1 to 1.5 hours.
Q: How long will they last on the skin?
A: After touch-up, depending on the client's skin and lifestyle, they can last up to two years or longer.
Q: Am I suitable for this procedure?
Before Booking your Appointment
Please read the following and make sure none of it applies to you. If one or more applies, please do not proceed with booking:
You must be 18 or above
You must not be Pregnant or Breastfeeding
Skin Allergies to pigment (if you are unsure, we can do a test patch prior to your appointment) please contact Sammi
Not on any blood thinning medications
No acne, raised moles or eczema on/around the brow area
No HIV, Hepatitis or any other transmittable blood diseases
Had Botox done within the last four weeks prior to your appointment
Must not have High Blood Pressure, Diabetic, cancer, or undergoing chemo
Not on any Skin treatment (Accutane in the past 12 months, or any other skin thinning treatment/medication)
If you have previously tattooed or microbladed eyebrows, please whatsapp MiBrows with a few clear photo with no filter or makeup on the eyebrows prior to booking.
You can also email us below or WhatsApp @ 56142195 should you have any health concerns.
BEFORE YOUR TREATMENT
• Do not work out the day of the procedure.
• Do not tan or have sunburned face.
• Do not take Panadol, Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or IBUprofen 24 hours before procedure.
• Avoid alcohol or caffeine on the day of the procedure.
• No waxing or tinting 3 days before.
• Please note that you will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
AFTER YOUR TREATMENT
• NO water, cleansers, creams, makeup or any other products on treated area for at least 5 days.
• 4-5 hours after the procedure, clean the area with sterile water and a cotton pad, or q-tip and allow to air dry.
• DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking can cause scarring.
• Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 3-4 weeks after procedure.
• Avoid heavy sweating for the first 10 days.
• NO facials, botox, chemical treatments and microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
• Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 5 days.